Zennie62Media

How do you look in a search? Is your message getting out on the Internet?

Hire us! Visit: Zennie62Media

2022 Academy Women’s Luncheon in Los Angeles

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, in partnership with CHANEL, hosted the 2022 Academy Women’s Luncheon in Los Angeles , bring...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Apprentice LA: Resting In Its Own Tent City

I'm watching The Apprentice LA now and as a person who's not missed one of these segments, I've got to write that I'm not really down with the LA style. OK, I like the women -- who would not?

But look, the relocation to LA was just plain stupid. New York's the center of commerce, so either keep it there or if Donald Trump's going to try a new city, it should have been Chicago.

But LA? It's not working for me.

The other aspect of the problem with this show is that by placing one group in a mansion and another -- the losing group -- in a kind of tent city, the drama and interplay of the people as a whole is totally destroyed. There's no rivalry to really sink one's teeth into at all. Whoever came up with that idea may have doomed Apprentice LA to a tent city of its own, right at the bottom of the ratings.

Finally, while his daughter's certainly good-looking, I can't see her as a viable replacement for Carolyn. She just does not have "it." What she has is a bitch-approach that she thinks passes for being a woman in business. It's played. I know far too many women who are not like her and get the job done just as well.

I'm not sure this is the right formula..

Time will tell.

No comments: